Saturday, July 08, 2006

Forever

Forever isn't long enough for me.
Merely to never hear your voice again
Or have to see that liquid glance of pain
Before you deign to share your misery
By detailing your woes, so carefully,
Would keep me happy through a year of rain
And torment from my other friends. In vain
You praise my failings; that's just casuistry.

So by the time forever's come and gone
I'll still be watching for your famous pout,
The one where you look rather like a trout
Exploring for a perfect spot to spawn.
After forever, some new sun may dawn,
But if it shines on you, despair wins out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I saw that you posted a comment on my friend George's blog (Better Fools) and read that you went to U of T. As someone who also went there to do post grad English, I was interested - what year were you there? Was it recently? Alumni from there in this country are pretty scarce and it was great to find another one out there who seems to be in the UK! My email is hdorritt@hotmail.com if you ever want to reminisce about those days spent on Kings Circle...

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home