Saturday, June 10, 2023

Help for Pain

I tried to say the sea is calm tonight,
But faltered. Nonetheless, the sea is calm,
The clear air’s sweet aroma is a balm
Soothing my troubled mind. You say it’s trite,
But sometimes balm is what will make things right.
You frown, and I experience a qualm,
Fear overwhelms me, my face in my palm,
My heart sinking. I’ve lost the will to fight.

The time’s long past I could expect a kiss;
You were already running home to mother,
While I claimed to be murdering my brother.
But no attempt at all? I’d be remiss,
So something bubbles up, and I try this:
Ah, love, let us be true to one another!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Truedough said...

Holy smokes. I first came across your blog in 2007 or so. What a blast to the past. I’m very impressed that you still have sonnets in your head and are still posting. Bravo. :)

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home